Monday, September 7, 2009

What We've Been Up To...

Sorry it's taken me so long to post. I don't really have an excuse except that the days go by so quickly! Here's a few pictures of the things that we've been doing lately. Today we went up to Randolph and saw Wilford Woodruff's cabin that then belonged to John Snowball my great-great grandfather. ( I think that's the right number of greats.) It's a tiny little town, but they have a fun park across the street from the cabin which is now a museum so we could go inside. Then we drove down to Garden City by Bear Lake and had shakes. Very fun! This is the kids first day of school. I canNOT believe I have two kids in junior high! Next year high school. That is just so weird for me....
I took the kids camping up at Crystal Hot Springs the weekend before school started. Here are a few pictures of the kids in the pool. They had a really good time. I'm not a huge camping fan and Colby wasn't there so maybe next year we'll make it a day trip. We went with our friends Kelly and Josh. The kids loved the cookouts and spending all day in the pools. Kelly and I are thinking of taking the kids back in the winter. It's so fun because the water is sooo warm.





This is at free movie night in the park downtown. There ended up being a lot of people there we knew which was fun. The kids sat around and played games while we waited for it to get dark.


Can't believe the summer is over! Lately I've been busy with canning tomatoes from my garden. I hope they are worth all of the work. :-) I've made some salsa and canned that which I know turned out really well. Thanks to my friend Julie! She has a great canned salsa recipe. Anway, hope you all have had a fun Labor Day..

4 comments:

joyous said...

Wow! You guys really have been busy. I love how we all try to squeeze everything in those last few short days of summer! I'm jealous of your canned salsa (but not the work) it sounds yummy. Seeing the different fun things you can do with your older kids makes me excited for the years to come!! Good luck to everyone with the new school year. :)

Shannon said...

I love hot springs they are so fun and warm. I also am not a huge fan of the work of camping. Day trip sounds much more my speed. I can't believe how old your kids are getting either. Kaelyn going to HS next year? Crazy. Good job canning! I'm so impressed by that skill. I'm sure your tomatoes will turn out great.

Tasha said...

wahoo for a fun summer! You are such a fun mom :) Way to take them camping by yourself. That really is a lot of work. I am sad and happy summer is almost over. I love fall (not that I really get it here), but I really do love summer. Good luck with school starting!

sara said...

What a fun summer you guys have had! I love reading about all of it and seeing pictures. I loved the cabin that was John Snowballs. I forgot he owned it. Go you for canning tomatoes & salsa. I wish I could get into canning. Maybe someday!