Monday, August 10, 2009

Good Day...

I had a really fun day today. I temped in a new office and they were sooo nice! :-) I love it when everything goes right and the staff all get along and the patients are fun. I get to work there tomorrow too. Yay! I only wish they were looking for another hygienist to hire permanently. I think they liked me too so maybe they'll call again and have me temp.

It's been busy here. Colby and I took the kids to the fair last Saturday. I love the fair! I always have to go look at the quilts and handicrafts first. After the kids and Colby drag me away, then I can be patient about looking at all of the animals and tractors. ;-) And of course we always have to have fun fair food. (Say that ten times fast!) I got navajo fry bread this year. Yummy. It's so bad for you, but I only have once a year if that so I can justify it to myself. Kaelyn had that too. The other kids had pizza, but I think that next year they need to broaden their horizons and try something else like a funnel cake.

I can't believe that school is starting in 2 weeks! Where did the summer go? My friend Kelly and I are taking the kids camping next week up at Crystal Hot Springs. That's about an hour north of here. They have all kinds of fun things to do in their water park. This will be the first time we've ever gone in the summer. Usually we go in the winter. That's really fun because the water feels so good. Of course getting into and out of the pool is freezing. I might skip the hot pool this visit. I don't need help getting warm.. Anyway, this will be our last summer hurrah. The kids are kind of excited to get back to school so they can see all of their friends. I'm looking forward to a little peace and quiet. I have to get up early, but then it is sooooo quiet once they leave.

Well, I hope all of you are having a good day too!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm glad that you liked that office. Hopefully that means if they do end up with an opening you will be the first one they think of!

I am so excited to take the kids to the fair this year. We missed it last year and I am a big fan of the fair. Navajo fry bread. Mmmm.

Have fun camping and getting all ready to head back to school!

Tasha said...

Yea for some fun summmer adventures. Camping sounds fun and the fair sounded very fabulous! I love Navajo bread . . .Mmmmm. Keep hanging in there with the job hunt. I am glad you enjoyed the office you were in yesterday and today.

joyous said...

Very fun! Yay for jobs here and there. Making contacts in many offices can only be helpful.

Camping at the hot springs sounds fun. I'm kind of feeling the need to squeeze in all our play before we go back to school too! Super excited for the fair this week. I think we're going to go twice and I promised Lizzie some cotton candy. :)

Katee said...

Jess!
you crack me up, tell your kids to get brave and try the funnel cake, is a double dare from me! ha! I'm so glad you are getting some temping jobs, you are the greatest! I miss seeing you! You look like you had a great summer:)