Monday, August 3, 2009

Las Vegas!

I had a lot of fun at my dental hygiene conference last week. My classes were really good with a few that really stood out. It was fun to get together with the girls from Booth Dental. We flew down on Tuesday night. When we got off the plane it was 112 degrees! :-0! I haven't had to deal with that kind of weather at all this year. I don't like it! ;-) It was still 105 when we came out of In and Out Burger after 9pm! Most of the time I was there I stayed inside though. We were able to get rooms at the Rio which is where the conference was held.

Here's me and Leslie at Serendipity. That was good. They have enormous sundaes. I guess this is like the one in New York. Fun!
Our sundae which the two of us couldn't even finish. The ice cream was nice on a hot night though...
These are all the girls I went down with. We're on top of the Rio at a party that was thrown at the end of the convention. We came out, took our picture and went back inside! Waaay too hot! I don't know how you do it Sara!

These are the treats I brought home to the kids. I thought they were pretty appropriate for a Vegas trip!
I'm glad to be back home, but I had a good time. Hopefully all of this education will help me in landing a permanent job. I have another interview this week. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Tasha said...

So fun to get away at a conference without any kids! Sounded fun. It is so hot there! We are going for Sara's birthday next weekend.

Shannon said...

That looks like fun! Glad that you got to go down with friends and learned a lot too. I love the dice suckers. So fun!

joyous said...

Gotta love it when you can mix business with pleasure!!! I love your souvenirs for the kids, what a fun mom. :)

sara said...

Ohhh, I so wish I would have known you were in town! I would have come to see you :). YES, it IS so hot here. Even I don't know how I survive it at times. I'm glad you had a fun time!!!