Thursday, December 29, 2011

Time off...

Well, most of you probably know by now that I was in a car accident a few weeks ago and broke my foot so I'm having extended vacation time right now. This is the first time that I have ever broken anything and I have to tell you that it's not fun. I've thought in the past that having some time off so that I could knit, read, watch movies and do whatever sounded great, but in reality it gets a little boring after a while. I have had some fun with my knitting though. I'm in the middle of a beautiful cardigan. I'll post pictures when it gets closer to being done, which I'm sure won't be long. :-) I like that I don't have to watch bedtimes and that I can get up in the middle of the night and work on it if I want.

We've also moved into a bigger house a few weeks ago. That was just a few days before my accident. Thank goodness that got all done. Mostly. We're still unpacking boxes and there are a few things that are still over at the old house that are mine, mostly shoes. I guess I don't need to worry about wearing those for a while anyway! It's probably going to be another month that I can't put any weight on my foot, but I'm hoping to be back to work in about 1 1/2 weeks. Keep your fingers crossed for me!



3 comments:

Shannon said...

Yay for lots of knitting time! :) I sure hope your foot (and the rest of you) heals quickly. I'm glad we got to stop in the other day and see you and your fun new house. It really is so great. Good luck going back to work. Love you!

joyous said...

Look who's blogging again...and all it took was a broken foot!!! I'm glad to hear that you have found things to do in the mean time. :) Loved chatting with you last week!!!

Jessica said...

I know, I know I've been really bad about blogging for about a year!! :-) Now that the computer is on the main level of the house and not in the basement (aka the dungeon!) I'm hoping that I'll be at least a little more consistent!