Sunday, May 13, 2012

Busy May...

Yesterday was Prom. We found the cutest dress for Kaelyn at an antiques store downtown. This dress is from the 40's. It's not really formal, but it's so Kaelyn. She had a good time. She got picked up in a group so we didn't get pictures of her and her date yet. I'll post those later. I can't believe that she's almost done with her junior year. She's been so busy with end of the year stuff like ACT's, AP tests and all that goes with it. I think she's ready for a break before the craziness of senior year begins!
 Kaelyn's best friend Kristina came over and they got ready together. Two very beautiful ( and silly!) young ladies.
 May is also the month of birthdays in our family. Emily's is today and Taylor's was last week on Cinco de Mayo. Taylor is now 14 and Emily is 12. No more children in Primary. Also, Emily is almost done with elementary school. She will be in junior high next year and has made the cheerleading squad. Should be fun times for everyone! I know that she's excited, but I can hardly believe how big they're all getting. It seems like only a year ago they were starting elementary and I couldn't wait until they were all in school.
 A right of passage in our house is that you get to have your ears pierced, unless you're Davis! ;-), when you are 12. You also get to start wearing a little bit of makeup. No eyeliner, just soft colors and no blush or foundation. The girls think I'm kind of overprotective, but I really don't like it when kids try to grow up too fast. Anyway, we took Emily to get her ears pierced yesterday and she had a little makeover done at the Clinique counter at Dillard's. She feels so grown up, but I like how the colors are very soft. She's wearing makeup in this picture, but the lady at Dillard's did a good job showing her how to apply and keep it natural. She's so cute!
Anyway, all is well here and Happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers out there. Hope you have a great day!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Love the update! I can't believe how grown up all your kids are! You have such beautiful girls. Love love Kaelyn's prom dress! And Emily's new makeup and ear piercing looks beautiful (and age appropriate). :) We got to get our ears pierced at 11 and then got our little Clinique makeover at 12. It was supposed to all happen at 12, but mom gave in on the ears with Joy when she was 11 and we couldn't let her off the hook after that. Anyway, looks like everyone is doing great. Love you!

joyous said...

Love it! I'm so glad you posted about this. Liz is really on me to get her ears pierced, "I'm the only girl in my class without pierced ears!!!"....but I'm going to stay strong and stick with the 11 for ears and 12 for make-up. And I agree with the soft colors rule too. Your girls are so beautiful. Love Kaelyn's prom dress too, very fun! What a lucky girl to go as a junior too!