Sunday, July 12, 2009

Backyard Campout

Well, for some reason my computer is not letting me put my pictures on right now. Anyway, this weekend has been fun. We always have a backyard campout with our friends every summer and this year it was our turn to host. I got to sleep outside with 6 excited kids. I hope our neighbors will forgive us! :-) They were pretty noisy. I think Davis and his friend stayed up until 2am and then everyone was back up at 6am. Good thing we only do this once a year!

Saturday I took all of the kids, except for Davis, to see Star Trek at the cheapie theater. Davis had already seen it with my dad. Can I just say that I love that show!!! So much fun, although Emily came out scratching her head a little and saying, "I don't get it!" I'm very excited for the new Harry Potter movie that's coming out this week. No waiting for it to get to the cheap theater for that one!

I'm still on the job hunt, but I had a very productive week last week. Four interviews! I'm hoping to hear back from at least two of the offices this week. I've also scheduled a working interview for the first part of August. I'm temping in a new office this week that told me they might be opening up another day of hygiene so there is another possibility. Hopefully something will pan out and soon! I'll be sure to keep you updated.

Well, better go get ready for church. I'll try to post those pictures later. I hope it's the website and not my computer!!

3 comments:

joyous said...

The backyard campout sounds so fun!!! What a great idea. We'll keep your job hunts in our prayers. Sounds like you're working hard though and something will come from that!

Shannon said...

Hmm backyard campout sounds right up our alley! I love that idea. I wanted to take the kids camping this year, but it's just so much work, especially with Davin not walking yet. Perhaps Ian and Weston can have a backyard campout this summer. Can't wait to see the pictures from it. Congrats on all the interviews! That is a good sign. I'm sure something will work out!

Tasha said...

What a fun idea to do a backyard camp out. Love the idea! Sounds like you guys are having a fun summer :)