Sunday, July 19, 2009

Family Fun

We've been having fun here at the Bitton house this week. We went to see Harry Potter yesterday and loved it. I thought that it was very fun and I can't wait for the next one to come out! I hate that I have to wait a year.

Colby's parents came into town today. The kids love seeing their grandparents. :-) We haven't seen them since Thanksgiving. We meant to get to California this year, but it didn't work out so we're glad that they could come here! We had a nice BBQ after church and ate outside. It wasn't too hot so that was nice.
Kaelyn took the last picture so I took one of her with Denny and Janeen.

Here's Emily picking up apricot pits by the tree. If you have any good ideas for using apricots let me know because I don't really know what to do with them. There aren't enough to make jam and I don't really like to just eat them. Maybe dry them?

After dinner we sat around and visited for a few hours ( and had the kids play the piano for grandma and grandpa!). Then we went over to Weber State University. Every year the Lindquist family sponsors a concert by the Utah Symphony and then there is a huge fireworks display to celebrate the pioneers. It is so much fun and a family tradition for us to go. Pioneer Day is even bigger than the 4th of July here. We love it!
On another note, how do you get a stubborn teenager to do chores somewhat willingly? Kaelyn has tons of energy until it comes time to do something like the dishes. I'm not kidding, she sits down every time. I thought that I would record it for you all to see! It kind of cracks me up.


Well, hope everyone is having a fun weekend!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Ok seriously, that picture of Kaelyn sitting down to do the dishes is hilarious! Oh teenagers. I don't envy you. Even though having little ones is a lot of work and really exhausting, I think teenagers are just as exhausting emotionally. :) You do have good kids though. Very smart and sweet (most of the time, right). Looks like you had fun with Colby's parents. It's hard living far away. I'm glad they could come and visit you.

joyous said...

LOL!!! I'm sure she loved that you took that picture. What a crack up. I have no idea when it comes to teenagers, I'm still appreciating the beauty of a time out. :) Looks like a fun visit with the grandparents!