Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Yellowstone Vacation.

Well, we just got back last Saturday from our summer vacation. This year we decided to go to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. It was so much fun and soooo pretty! We really had a good time. We've decided that we need to see more of the beautiful national parks! We're thinking of going to the Grand Canyon next year. I can't believe that I've never been there.

Anyway, this is Emily at Jenny Lake in the Grand Tetons. That was our best weather day. I would love to go back there just Colby and I and do a long weekend staying at Jenny Lake Lodge. It's kind of pricey, but you would be right on the lake. So beautiful. I love Emily's hat. This is a new pattern that I got. I'm going to make one for me next. :-)

Here's Taylor at Jenny Lake. You can kind of see one of the Tetons in the backround.

Here's Kaelyn at the "Grand Canyon of Yellowstone". It's a canyon that the river flows through after going over the falls. So pretty. A very cold day though. This was one of the few moments that the sun was out. Most of the day it was 33 degrees and spitting snow! Good thing I made everyone bring jackets and hats!

Here's Davis at Mammoth Hot Springs. That is a very interesting place. The hot springs turn the rocks all kinds of weird colors. It smells very sulphur-y. Kind of stinky, but still neat.

I'm not sure what river this is. It's by the Northeast entrance. The scenery was so spectacular and we saw all kinds of animals including grizzlies, black bears, a wolf, elk and bison! Very fun. We were sooo cold in this picture.

Anyway, we had a very fun time. I can't wait until next summer and the next vacation!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I love how you are all in wool hats and jackets in your summer vacation pictures! Next time you'll have to plan your mountain vacation for August! :) Looks like a great trip though. I haven't been to Yellowstone since I was about 4 years old, so that would be a fun trip for us too. You should definitely do the Grand Canyon next year. It's really not that far of a drive and it's just amazing to see.

joyous said...

I love you're "wintery" summer vacation!! The national parks are always worth a visit. I'm so glad you guys had a good time. We're heading to Zion at the end of July (should be HOT) but I'm excited to see all my sisters!!!

joyous said...

I meant "your". I do have some knowledge of grammar.

Tasha said...

So fun!! I love all your hats. You are amazing. They are fabulous. Brian and I were just discussing how we need to start doing family vacations every year. Whether they are big or small depending on what we can do that year. Glad it was so fun!