Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Surprise!

Well, I've finally accomplished it! I'm FORTY!!! I'm still not quite sure how I feel about that, but I had a great time with my birthday last weekend. Colby told me that he had planned a surprise outing for Friday night. Imagine my surprise when he turns into the church parking lot and tells me that he needs my help to set up some tables for a friend's family party. I (being oh so gullible) totally believe him and walk into the darkened church wondering why there doesn't seem to be anyone there. Imagine my shock when the lights flipped on and there were all my friends and my family yelling "SURPRISE!" It was so much fun and looking back I can't believe that I didn't have a clue! My best friend Kathy, mom and Colby were in cahoots and they really made this birthday one for the books.


These are my cute girls with a whole bunch of their friends and neighbors. They thought that it was fun that they could have their own "kids only" table.

Kathy had organized this thing. She had everyone bring soups, bread, desserts...Very yummy!


Here is me with my best friend, Kathy. I'm so going to get her when she turns 50!


One of my other friends gave me a scarf pattern and the yarn. I loved the pattern so much that I started knitting it that night. I finished it today. It think it turned out so cute. I love the ruffles! I'm glad that it's finally getting chilly enough that I can wear it. Fall is definitely one of my favorite seasons.


Very fun week. I'm having a friend come to visit this weekend so the party gets to continue! Did I tell you how much fun I think birthdays are?

5 comments:

Tasha said...

How fun!!!! Happy Belated Birthday! What good family and friend you have. I love it. And that scarf is fabulous. Just fabulous. I think birthdays are the best. We are believers in Birthday Weeks at our house...maybe even more. Happy birthday week...and month!

Shannon said...

Birthdays are the best! Happy 40th! You're so wise now, you know? Glad that it was a great birthday and that you got completely surprised. :)

joyous said...

Okay, that was a great surprise! I have to say I was a little concerned when I clicked on the blog title. Hahaha!!! You're a lucky girl to have so many people who love you. It looked like a great birthday. And your scarf turned out awesome, that looked like the perfect present: the pattern and the yarn! I hope the fun continues for you this weekend! Love you tons!!

sara said...

Happy Birthday to YOU! What a fun surprise! I love that you had no idea. You sure have a great family and wonderful friends. Love the scarf too!!!!

elizabeth said...

Your B-day party looked like a ward party!! What love in the room! Such a spoiled girl to have all those friends and family there. I'm glad that were totally surprised. We just surprised my friend with a 60th party (I'm just a little older than you!) and she was SO surprised too. I don't think I can be surprised b/c I'm way too suspicious. It's you cute gullible types that it works for ;-) That scarf is darling. I so covet your knitting skills. (Don't tell!) Enjoy your shiny new decade:-)